Pete Rawlinson, Sales Specialist at London Camera Exchange in Winchester, was privilaged to be asked to test out the new Nikon 1 cameras at the press launch in Shanghai, back in October…
“I thought I’d need a bag that would better suit all my kit. Now, like most photographers, I have many different bags and cases yet none seem to be able to handle the kit I’d be taking out with me.
While at work I looked at the Retro series and thought I’d appeal to my rep, Helen’s, kind nature and ask if there were any Retro Demo bags I could borrow. Unfortunately none of these were available, but Helen kindly lent me her own Retro 10. The bag was big enough to fit all my kit plus the chargers and my vitals, phone and wallet.
The main things I really found great about this bag were;
- Enough room for all my kit plus more
- Not your typical “Camera Bag” (meaning I could happily walk around the streets with £8000 worth of camera equipment on my shoulder)
- The cushioned strap was more than welcomed as I spent 5 days carrying all this kit for the whole time
- The carrying handle made picking up my gear from the taxis, buses and boats easier than having to pick it up via the long strap.
- The sound silencers were probably the best feature with this bag. I found this particularly handy while exploring the Buddhist temple when I had to switch over memory cards.
All in all I don’t think I could say anything negative about these series of bags and since returning from China I have bought myself a Retro 10 which has become my primary Camera Bag.”
Congratulations to Pete who recently wind 3rd prize in the Sony World Photography Awards (staff competition)!
Here he is collecting his prize: Pete collecting prize
Pete Rawlinson shooting in Shaghai with the Nikon 1 camera
Shaghai at night, taken on the Nikon 1 camera – Copyright Pete Rawlinson 2011
Shaghai People, taken on the Nikon 1 camera – Copyright Pete Rawlinson 2011Fellow Nikon Photographers Simon Stafford & Will Cheung (Advanced Photographer Editor) with their Think Tank Photo Urban Disguise shoulder bags in Shaghai, shot on the Nikon 1 camera – Copyright Pete Rawlinson 2011
Nikon 1 camera gear, which Pete fitted in the Retrospective 10 bag – Copyright Pete Rawlinson 2011
To see more of Pete’s work please check out this link: www.Pete-Rawlinson.co.uk
To find out more on the Think Tank Photo Retrospective 10 and other bags in the range to can catch up with Pete in the LCE – London Camera Exchange – store in Winchester, Hampshire. Website: www.lcegroup.co.uk
You can follow LCE on Twitter here: @LCEUsedCameras
and here: @LCEOffers
You can follow LCE Winchester on Facebook here: LCE Winchester
For more info on the Retrospective range click on this link: RETROSPECTIVE RANGE